Follow the steps below once you have Created your Record Center. If you want to see how to Create Record Center, Click here.
Make a note of the Submission Web Service URL
- Navigate to your Record Center
- Go to Site Settings
- Click on Content Organizer Settings under Site Administration
- Select the Web URL and copy it to clipboard/notepad (we will use it later)
Create Send To connection
- Ensure that you have the required permissions to perform this procedure. To create a connection, you must be a member of the Farm Administrators group.
- Go to SharePoint Central Administration, under General Application Settings, click Configure Send To Connections.
- In the Web Application field of the Configure Send To Connections page, select the Web application that hosts the site collections from which documents will be sent.
- From the Send To Connections list, select New Connection.
- In the Display name field, type a name for this connection. This is the name that users will see as one of the options to which to send a document.
- In the Send to URL field, enter the URL which we copied in the initial steps. Click “Click here to test” if you want to confirm that you have entered a URL to a Content Organizer. This should bring you up the web service that transfers the document from source to destination.
- To display this connection in the list that appears when a user clicks Send To, select Allow manual submission from the Send To menu.
From the Send To action list, select one of the following values:
- Copy: Select this option to create a copy of the document and send the copy to the destination repository.
- Move: Select this option to delete the document from its current location and move the document to the destination repository. Users will no longer be able to access the document from its original location.
- Move and Leave a Link: Select this option to delete the document from its current location, move it to the destination repository, and leave a link at the current location indicating that the document has been moved. When a user clicks this link, a page will appear that displays the URL of the document and the document’s metadata.
- In the Explanation dialog box, type the information to be added to the audit log when the user sends a document by using this connection. If you selected Move and Leave a Link in the previous step, the page that appears when the user clicks the link will also display the explanation.
- Click Add Connection to create the connection.
- Click OK.